Friday, July 15, 2005

End of an era

Last week was a pretty intense week for me. Offer letter, divorce, blah blah blah.

All in all, everything went according to plan. By the way, its no wonder why we have lawyers! It takes someone just a little bit crazy to be able to deal with people in the court system. They were less than pleasant, and not helpful at all in any sense of the word!

Anyway, I've been going to our house to help Troy clean so it will be ready for sale as soon as all the relocation paperwork is started. Most of the time we get along pretty well, but, lets just say there are moments when we really want to ring each other's neck! Last night wasn't quite one of those times. I'm not sure if it was because I was emotional (God, I love being a woman) or what, but we cleaned a couple rooms and sat down to watch a movie. I brushed Samsons hair out (he was looking pretty scraggley), and it felt, well, normal. After I left last night it was the first time that I actually missed Troy. There wasn't any negative energy or anything.......it was a very strange feeling.

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my decision for a bit. I know that it is the right thing for us to not be together. I guess for a minute there I just remembered why we were together in the first place.

No comments: