Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yeah, I know.

I’ve been MIA. Just lots of things going on and not much desire to write much. You know, my typical “return to Mexico” feelings.

::::::::::::GOODBYE BO::::::::::::

A couple things, first, and belated I know, is a farewell to Bo. A cyber buddy made this layout, and I really wanted to share with everyone. You can visit her blog at http://jencaputo.typepad.com/jen_caputo/



It was a bummer losing that game on Saturday, but what can you do. We went to Caliente with a few friends to watch it – intense, but just bumming’ just the same.

::::::::::::WEEKEND FUN::::::::::::

Monday was Revolution Day here, so we didn’t have to work, which is always cool.
So Sunday we headed to Valle de Bravo to visit our friend Ofo & Juan – Ofo’s family has a fantabulous condo, smack dab next to this beautiful waterfall. I didn’t want to go at first, because I had about a million things to do, but I thought it would be a good chance for me to actually get away and relax a little bit – so we did, and I’m glad we did. It was just kinda fun to drink, cook and laugh with friends. We left early in the morning on Monday to get back so I could take care of things, but it was a relaxing day nonetheless.

::::::::::::REPATRIATION::::::::::::

The interviews I had while in the US went very well – I have been offered an informal position, but am kind of waiting on the other one so I can compare jobs and take the best overall offer. I think I’d be happy in either position, and I know that I could succeed and have potential to move up in the company, it all kind of depends on the big picture – salary, benefits, 401K, etc. Since you silly peeps in the US don’t work Thursday & Friday, I’ll have to wait until next week to get those details.

Also relayed to me was the potential of me coming back earlier than I expected. I was planning on Mid Feburary, but it looks like some people maybe wanting me back in January. That is going to increase my workload significantly, but I think I can probably swing it if I keep pretty busy at work, come in on weekends, and stay until 10:00PM each night. No problem man. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

::::::::::::PINCHE CARRO ISSUES::::::::::::

I love my little car. But its such a PITA when I don’t have it. I dropped it off last night at the Taller (mechanic shop) for a new brake job. Hopefully it will be done sometime today so I can use it tomorrow. Oh yeah, and just so you know, the sound of metal scrapping across metal on your brakes is never a good sound. And to me, its like nails on chalkboards. And I always feel like that means the brakes are going to give out at any second. Not a good thing to be thinking about as your going 85mph down a mountain.

So, because of my car issues I have to car pool to Mexico City today, and probably take a bus back. Ick. I’m so not loving public transportation. I’d rather be alone in my car. Anyway, hopefully its done today, so Keith can pick it up and I can have it for tomorrow morning.

Speaking of tomorrow….

::::::::::::HAPPY TURKEY DAY::::::::::::

Keith and I picked up a bird Monday afternoon (no, not a live one, it’s dead and frozen just like in the US), and will be hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner at our home. I feel kind of bad making Keith stay home and cook all day, but I have to go to this stinking class all week and I won’t be home until late. I think I may leave a few hours early though – to beat traffic in DF and to try to make it home before all the turkey is gone!

Anyway, everyone have a fun and safe and stuffed Thanksgiving – and make sure to be thankful for all the blessings you have in your life! I know I’ll be counting the kagillion that I have :)

No comments: