Wednesday, December 12, 2007

30 - treinta - the big three oh

I've been thinking about this post most of the day. I must say I've run through the gammut of emotions today, and as the day closes, I realize I'm in a very very good place :)

I woke up today kind of angry I guess. I never thought 30 would bother me very much, at least until I woke up. And then I realized it did! I really am not sure why - I don't necessarily feel old - I don't necessarily feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis.....its just, well, I'm officially out of my 20's.

My mood quickly improved as I opened happy birthday wishes in my inbox and greeted people over the phone. It really felt nice to be remembered and loved! It was also quite a treat to get a special birthday song from Larkin.....its always hilarious and sweet to hear little kids sing songs!

Things got even better when I opened a card not just from Patrick, but also one with a very sweet title written on the front - "Mommy". One can only assume, since Liam can't write neigh talk yet, that the sentiments in the card were picked out by Pat, but it was extra super sweet just the same. I also got SUPER sweet new Wii game - Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games :) Other presents include a fantastic Swarovski Crystal Snowflake Ornament, the Planet Earth Collection on Blu-Ray (the BBC version, not the US version!! AWESOME! And yes, I am a HUGE nerd), a Target gift card (Thanks Heidi!) and my first official pair of cool pants sewn by my mother-in-law Lorraine (they even have my name sewn in the tag!). Oh yeah, and a great dinner and fabulous cake, made my my amazing husband!

So that all had me feeling pretty good - and then came the comments. 30 is the new 20. The end of an era, and the beginning of a new one! After reading those, I really started feeling pretty awesome! I get to start a new decade of my life in an exciting new chapter. I am in a fantastic new marriage with a precious new little baby....I really couldn't ask for anything more!!! I am in such an amazing place in my life - I am so incredibly happy, so incredibly lucky, and so incredibly grateful for all the people and love I have in my life. Thank you God, for blessing me so much, and thank you all for sharing in such a special day with me!


No comments: