Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned....it has been a VERY long time since my last confession.

I'm going to confess right now. I haven't actually given up anything for Lent in years. YEARS I TELL YOU!!! I'm not sure why I feel so moved to start (or re-start) now.....but I do. Probably because my cousin tweeted (or Facebooked? I can't remember) something powerful. And I don't remember what it was....but something about everything you want that thing, you think of Jesus, and choose him instead.

Bah. Or something like that. Unfortunately I can't go and check what he said, because taht would mean I would have to check Facebook, and I've decided to give up Facebook for Lent.

Yes, the Junkie of all Facebook Junkies, is going cold turkey.

That doesn't mean I'm cutting myself off from the world. For instance, this blog post will automatically load in FB at some point, as will my Flickr 365 posts and tweets (if I tweeted, anyway). But it is tough. My life is so intertwined with FB. In fact, as I'm writing this post I'm remembering that some organizations require my attention on the FB page....and I'll have to make arrangments to deal with that....hmmm....interesting.

Give me strength!!!!

No comments: