Thursday, August 18, 2005

Coming Clean....

OK, despite much internal anguish from being so completely humiliated - I've decided to share the REAL story of how I hurt my knee.

Let me set the stage: Beautiful Saturday afternoon with Pat O'Brien's family. Beer flowith, along with some really yummy Irish Whiskey. We have a fabulous dinner, which is followed by more beer, and some grey goose cosmos. I'm pretty sure we played Charades (By the way, Y Tu Mama Tambien is a valid and well known movie title - its not my fault you couldn't act it out :) ).

Add more grey goose cosmos. Kids and grandparents went to bed. Texas hold 'em game starts. I go all in the first hand.....and lose. More cosmos, and beer? This is where it starts to get fuzzy. Kristen (Pat O'Briens sister-in-law) finds an almost full fifth of apple pucker and decides that we all have to finish it. The boys take two shots like the troopers they are, while me, Kristen and Mo (Pat O'Briens sister) finish the rest. I'm pretty sure I started crying for some reason at some point during the evening. Then, I think, we all started to dance.

Not only was I dancing, but apparantly in my enlightened state I decided that it was a good idea to show off how cool I was, because I'm still as flexible now as I was in high school. *NOTE TO SELF* *ITS NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO SHOW OFF*. So, as I'm dancing, I take my right leg and lift it up by my ear, cheerleader style. I'm still dancing/hopping/twirling on my left leg, thinking how cool I am.

Then, here's where its really fuzzy, I either lost my balance and fell, or my knee gave out and I fell, or I just got dizzy and fell. In any case, I fell. My knee hurt like a sunofabitch and I couldn't get up (I actually remember thinking in my head at this point "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" - I don't think that commercial will ever die). I vaguely remember Kristen giving me a wedgie. And Pat O'Brien helping me up.

Then I went to bed.

So, thats my story, and I'm sticking to it. I guess one could say I tripped and fell, but that really is leaving out the meat of the story. The moral of this story is Don't Get Really Loaded and Try to Show Off in Front of Family Members. Nothing good can ever come of it.

No comments: