Monday, August 22, 2005

Viva Toronto!

My my my - sometimes I wonder why our lives are so busy that we make time to please people that irritate us (i.e. Work) but we never make enough time to see the ones we love; and those who refresh our soul! Does that seem backward to anyone else? Or is it just me?

Anywho - I finally made the time (after about four other delayed trips) to visit my good friend Eunice who lives in Toronto. We were also very VERY fortunate to get to meet up with another college friend, Beth, who is from all over, but most recently, New Jersey, where she's shacking up with her sister and her family until she departs for Israel for 5 months. It was great to see them before I trapse across the other side of North America! Really, getting together sounds like something out of a joke - A Chinese woman, a Mexican and a Jew walk into a bar.....

These are incredible women whom I've officially been friends with for 10 years. It really doesn't seem that long! We met freshman year in 2nd Tyler in East Quad - I'm pretty sure they were the first two people I met....we don't talk every day, or even every week, and if we are lucky, we get to see each other once a year. But every time we pick up right where we left off. Its a huge bonus to have access to blogs and email as well, so even if we don't talk, we are still involved in each others lives.

I just feel so refreshed after being with them for two short days - they were so patient with my crutches and my gimpiness! We had lots of great food, bubble tea and went shopping at the Chinese Mall (yes, there is such a thing, and yes, there are a LOT of Chinese people there!). Most of all it was just good knowing that after all that has happened my life, there are people who love me unconditionally, and who will always be there for a shoulder to cry on.

Or, to take me for a drink and a trip to a Shoe Museum.

Thanks Girls, for loving me!

No comments: