Thursday, February 14, 2008

WHOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Why the enthusiasm you ask? No, not because I posted twice in two days (although that is cause for celebration). EUNICE IS COMING TO VISIT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen her in two years, and even though it should be my turn to visit (because she came last to see me in Mexico) she's being a doll and making the trek again. Of course, I do have bait here......we live very close to a Target, and they don't have Target's in Canada :) Oh yeah, and Liam too!

Anywho - I'm very much looking forward to her visit. She's here until Tuesday. It was a good weekend for her, because Canadians' have Monday off for Family Day, a new holiday instituted by the new Prime Minister. Apparently it was a campaign promise that he followed through on. I don't know what I would like more - an extra holiday, or a politician that follows through on a promise.

Another reason for celebration - I expanded my wardrobe. This celebration is twofold. First, of course, fabulous new clothes! Second, is the commitment to my job they represent. Its like I officially decided to let go of the idea of being a stay at home mom for a while, and commit to making a real effort at succeeding at my job. It might seem like a small step, but it feels pretty significant in my mind.

What did I get? Well, a nice trip to Ann Taylor Loft, and some really nice professional threads :) A nice suit, a couple very pretty shirts, and a fabulous sash/belt thingy. I can't wait to wear them! I do need to buy a new pair of shoes to go with though.......






No comments: