Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse and Yummy Snowflakes.

As I was driving home last night from my ACI Meeting, I was able to get a peek at the moon during its eclipse. Very cool! I made it home at around 9:00pm, and after searching for about 15 minutes for a part of my tripod, I scooted out to the courtyard to sit in the cold and try to snap a few photos. It was a rare occasion, because I had the camera completely in manual - but it actually turned out OK. I was bummed the moon didn't turn out white, but then I realized DUH! It was during the peak of the eclipse when the moon was SUPPOSED to be orange!! I'm a dork sometimes!



Then this morning, it was snowing sooooo prettily (is that even a word?)!! Seriously - big, fluffy, slow falling snowflakes. It looked like a movie. Or a snowglobe. It just made me happy. I know, its difficult to find the beauty in freezing cold weather in February......we're all pretty sick of it by this point (especially since most of the snow that's been on the ground has since turned to slippery slickity ice). But this did it. It was falling SO lazily, that you could pick out a nice big snowflake clump, follow it, and catch it on your tongue with relative ease. When's the last time you've done that?? I highly recommend it. I promise, its guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

No comments: