Monday, September 19, 2005

no pain, no gain

I had my first physical therapy session on Thursday, my second today. Both sessions involved cursing the physical therapist and swearing, and also crying. I realize that it is all helping my knee, but it still really bites my ass.

The past week has been trying - and my back hurts even with the new couch. Pat O'Brien says its too soft; but really, if you sit on your arse for 7 days straight I think that any couch is going to hurt your back.

Anyway, back to my trying week. OK - honestly, how trying can it be with a really hunky man with a stubble beard waiting on you hand and foot? Its not that bad at all :) Even if it is just for the eye candy! Really, its sooo nice having someone to help me out, but at the same time I get really frustrated depending on someone.

The week was spent watching a ton of movies, playing XBOX, reading smut magazines and general lounging around. Oh, and we did get a chance to get in two spankings (get your mind out of the gutter)- U of M shaming EMU and the Bears trouncing the Lions. I also managed to get hooked on the Sopranos. I watched the first season and part of the second. This is troublesome seeing as how I tend to resist seeing things that are super popular. Its also troublesome because I don't cable let alone HBO. Oh well, I still have a while - three and a half more seasons :)

BTW. Today is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrrr.

Please enjoy quite possibly my favorite joke, but by far my favorite pirate joke. Courtesy of Pat O'Brien.
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his crotch. Bartender says "Hey, matey, whats with the steering wheel?"
Pirate replies, "Arrrrrrr. It's drivin' me nuts!"

No comments: