Thursday, September 08, 2005

Oh my aching back!


Well, I made a big decision. It only took me two days and three stores! Its a world record! And really, it may not seem like a big deal, but about two weeks ago I had a mental break down because I couldn't decide which pots and pans set to purchase. Its hard to do after having someone to corroborate with for such a long time!

Let me explain - Troy got most of the big goods, since I was going to store most of my stuff anyway and get a furnished apartment. What he didn't take with him, we sold this summer. Turns out, furnished apartments aren't as readily available in Mexico as I thought, and Holcim doesn't store stuff anymore. For the sake of keeping my parent's garage clear, I figured I should get some stuff to furnish my place.

I currently have a couch and chair that is really quite adorable - its a bamboo Florida set circa 1960 or so (original orange and brown flower print - way cool). Its in great shape, and is functional, and I recovered it to match the decor. As I spend more time sitting on the couch (since I now have wireless at the house and its hard to pry myself from the internet....I mean, work), I've been realizing that my back is seriously killing me before I go to bed. It just dawned on me that it was the couches! I knew they were uncomfortable, but I didn't really think they were causing me pain!

So, I figured since I'm going to be spending a significant amount of time lounging on the couch watching TV after my surgery, I really should have something more comfortable, and something that I can take to Mexico that will last a few years. Nothing too fancy or expensive. After much searching - I found the number above at Value City! And, its microfiber so the cat hair won't stick as much! AND - ITS RED! They had a few different colors, including the nice beige above - but I'm coming to realize I'm really not that much of a beige girl. I'm vibrant :) So my couch obviously should match! Unfortunately, the ottoman wasn't in stock, so I'll have to wait to get that, but its sooo cute! I'll get it on Wednesday - the day after the surgery. I'll probably be drugged up on Vicodin, but I'll be super duper comfey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that couch from our BASEMENT? that is quite possibly the most uncomfortable piece of furniture ever manufactured, aside from a park bench.