Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Adios, dear friend.....

We've said goodbye to two pieces of machinery that have played an influential part of our lives. The first, was Pat's Giant TV. We sold it on Craig's List for a mere $300, a fraction of the cost he purchased it for seven years ago. But, along with saying goodbye to that TV, we really learned life lesson #682:

NEVER - EVER - EVER buy a TV that two normal strength people can't carry up and down the stairs EASILY.

That means giant 36" TV's that weigh 500 pounds SHOULD be out of the question. I was very happy to get rid of that TV - it had an awesome picture but was just too big. It was purchased by a young girl who just moved here from Grand Rapids. She had two dudes who were helping her carry it up THREE flights of stairs. Just a note, Pat and Kyle almost dropped it while going down a half a flight of stairs.

Alas, it is sold, a week after listing it, and I must say our new TV looks SOOO much nicer on the stand instead of on the floor :) Hooray for new TV's! Kyle has been hangin' with us since Friday-ish, and he agrees - its just awesome :)

Goodbye TV......

And, tonight, I signed the title and handed over the keys for my little vibe. I sold it to a really cool couple, Rhonda and Peter, and I feel like its in good hands. But man, it was tough to say goodbye. I feel like it was really part of my life! I know I'm not the only one who gets emotionally attached to vehicles......right? I'm not alone in this?

*sigh*

The best thing about it is how quickly it all took place. I posted the ad on Cars.com on late Friday night - April 6 - and essentially the car was sold a week later, although it took a couple days for all the paper work and such to be ready. Honestly, I was surprised about the response we got from the website. I signed up for the premiere listing ($55) but all and all worth every penny. Which reminds me, I have to edit the link as sold.......

I listed the car at $9995 and sold it at $9500, which is right about blue book value for the car. I originally thought I was going to lose $2000 on the car (seeing as how I still owed a considerable amount on the loan.......but I kept it under $1000 :) And now we can put that car payment and insurance to savings each month! WHOO HOOO!!!! GO ME!

Alas, without further adieu......I bid, Adios, mi carrito.....Que se vaya bien.....

No comments: