Saturday, April 26, 2008

7 months and countin'....

I can always tell when its been a while since I've blogged, and not just by the absence of posts (yes, I realize that's obvious), but rather when Pat tells me its been a while. I find it rather cute. Yes, he lives with me, but I kind of like that he reads the blog anyway :) Makes me feel loved!

The 24th marked Liam's 7th month on earth. Man, he's growing growing growing!!! Now in 12 month old clothing....seems to be losing some of his chub and stretching out a bit.....but I still love zerberting that little belly! His new favorite pastime is sitting up and playing, but he certainly does not enjoy staying stationary - although he doesn't yet know how to crawl/scoot/move, which causes him some inner angst. He tries his hardest though! Writhing about on the floor, moving often into "downward facing dog". He almost knows that he can move about by rolling.....but he hasn't quite connected those dots yet. We really need to baby proof....but probably won't until he's totally mobile.

Liam is also enjoying the nice weather. Josefina takes him to the park daily (weather permitting) and he's getting some sun. Even with SPF 50 his nose and cheeks get a bit rosy. I think he likes playing in the dirt, because Josefina always changes his outfit after they get home. I find that adorable....I can't wait until we get to make mudpies! I'm so excited to have a little boy!

Right now, Pat and I are kid sitting in Indiana......Kristen surprised Mike with a trip to MI for his 40th birthday. They stayed in the RenCen and went to a Tiger's game. Tig's lost, but I'm sure they had a good time. We'll find out sometime soon when they get home. The kids were/are good for us too, which is always nice. We didn't have to knock any sense into anyone :) LOL! Not that we anticipated any issues, they are good kids....but you never know what will happen when the parents aren't around, you know?

Lets see, what else. Oh, we contacted a realtor about putting our house on the market. Haven't made the decision yet though.....we'll have to sell for a little less than we had hoped, but more than what we paid for, so we should be OK. We can't decide where we want to move to though....which is another issue. Just need something bigger. 3 bedrooms. Hopefully a single family home.....but not sure if that's feasible to still stay in the City. *sigh* sometimes I wish I had mad cash and could afford the $750,000 single family homes around us. It would be nice to stay in the area we live now....but that's not going to happen.

I'm feeling pretty good, and getting busy with work, which is also very good......

That's all for now. Now I'm off to hunt for a Lego Luke Skywalker...........wish us luck!

No comments: