Thursday, July 28, 2005

As Real As It Gets

Over the past few days it has been a whirlwind of relocation information. The authorization finally went through and a flurry of calls have been coming in every hour it seems like. There is one company, SIRVA, which is coordinating everything, but I also have to deal directly with thier providers for specific services.

So far, I've talked to
  • SIRVA
  • Latin American Relocation
  • World Pet Transport
  • North American Vanlines
  • Home sale people
  • PricewaterhouseCoopers for tax stuff

and its only been a couple of days! To say the least, its been rather taxing, and exhausting. I realize that all these steps and preparation are necessary, and it will make the transition to Mexico as smooth as possible, and it will all pay off in the end. But really, it is sheer madness in just trying to coordinate everything. The worst part is the emotional aspect seems to be taking a toll as well......Its really happening! Dealing with the stress of it all is just making my emotions go up and down and round and round. Its like PMS, but way WAY worse. The ups and downs just helps to reinforce the fact that this trip is way Real. and I'm sure its going to get worse before it gets better!

Part of the emotinoal rollercoaster I'm sure is my life outside of the relocation. There are things in this life that I currently have that I am looking forward to leaving behind; but there are others that it just breaks my heart to have to say goodbye.

I suppose though you need a little heartbreak to make the great things in life shine a little brighter; so you can appreciate them more.

No comments: