Monday, July 18, 2005

Summer and Friends

One of the things I despise most about being an adult is the inability of myself (and others, I'm sure) to make time for friends. It seems that summertime, a time when you're supposed to be enjoying the company of others, is most difficult.

I know my situation is compounded by getting the house ready for sale, selling our personal belongings, making sure everything is set - but there was so much I wanted to do this summer that I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Most of the stuff is frivolous, but there are some really important people in my life that I don't know if I'll be able to see before I go. And now, even though I might have more time before I leave, these two women might even begin new journeys in thier lives before I go - which means I have even less time than I thought.

So, I will mention them here, in cyberspace, even though they might not see it.

Beth - even if you feel like your loosing your mind with your own crazy summer schedule - I'm so proud of the decisions you've made in your life as of late. Israel is going to be kick ass - and an opportunity you will NEVER regret, even if you don't have your life planned out after you get back stateside. Expatriates ROCK! Thanks for being there to listen to me bitch, and for letting me live vicariously through you!

Gena - I'm sooooooo excited for you and your new opportunity in Las Vegas (no, she's not going to be a showgirl, although she'd make a DAMN fine one if she was!). I'm so proud that you've taken control and begun to steer your own destiny. Thanks always for loving me and standing by me, even if you don't understand my decisions. I'd say that I'd miss you, but Vegas is closer than Saginaw to Mexico City, so hopefully plane fares will be cheaper and I'll still get to see you :)

I LOVE YOU GIRLS SO MUCH! Go forth and kick ass - we will take over the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right back at ya babe! Go forth and conquer!