Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm a Divorcee

Its done. We had our conference with the judge today and everything went well - the judge and clerk were really nice; which helped because we really didn't know what we were doing. The judge was so adorable! Bald old wrinkley head with a big ol' bow tie. He asked us a couple questions about alimony and pensions and such, but nothing earth shattering. No lawyers and all saved us about $5000, but it makes for a little more leg work. All and all, worth it though.

There were a couple cases before us with kids and lots of splitting up and lawyers and stuff - it was super messy and ugly at times. I think there was actually an Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore reference by a lawyer at one point. Funny.

So, the judgement was entered and I am now officially a divorced person. With an ex-husband. It feels pretty wierd. I did cry a little bit on the elevator on the way down, but other than that, it was pretty much relief. One more thing that is closed, one step closer to waiting for my new life to begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karin!!!!!
OMG- I'm sad. Atleast as sad as a distant, didn't see you guys much kind of cousin could be. Especially since Halloween is coming up- OH the memories of Halloween Camp :( I love you, Gina