Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Coming together....FINALLY!

With my return to work comes, well, work. I've been putting in some killer hours (killer for marketing folk anyway) and its really been draining. Especially since my knee is still bum. I've been engaging in physical labor, and secretly walking without my crutches at home. Lets face it folks, crutches are not on my top ten list of things I love; I'm anxious to ditch them so you can't really blame me. Its been three weeks.

I was chastized by my physical therapist for being up on it too much, and not icing and elevating enough. So, I shall abide by his words of 5 times of icing a day, and 10 minutes each hour of elevating, and see if the swelling and fluid retention improve. I hope so. I hate feeling scar tissue and other crap floating around in my knee. it doesn't hurt, but it feels really wierd.

Anywho, in addition to how productive at work I've been, I've also been very much working at aligning my move. things really are starting to come together. Here's what I have lined up (tenatively) so far:

  • Divorce hearing - October 5 (tomorrow!).
  • Movers arrive to pack up the house - October 19 & 20
  • Closing on the sale of the house - October 24
  • Training the new guy - October 24 - 28
  • Last meeting with surgeon - October 27
  • Last day o' work - October 28
  • Intensive language training - October 29 - November 11 in Chicago
  • Leave for Mexico - November 12 or 13
  • Start working for Holcim Apasco - November 15
  • Return to U.S. to bring cats and brother to the motherland - November 23

I'm pretty stoked about having my language training in Chi-Town. That means I get two whole weeks with Pat O'Brien before I leave! And, after 8 hours a day (for 14 days) of speaking/thinking/listening in Spanish, I will be ready for a good shoulder rub, which I'm sure he'll gladly oblige! The place where I'll be taking the immersion training is about a mile and a half from his apartment, so it will be an easy walk if my wheel is running well then. Otherwise, I'll be all about taking the train. This also works out well because Holcim only pays for one week of temporary housing in the U.S.;so I'll use up that one week after the house is sold and mooch off the Irish/Polish man for my remainder of time in the states.

Its all happening pretty quickly. The big ones are getting divorced and selling the house. As soon as the house is sold, I can pay off all my bills and loans, and travel south of the border DEBT FREE!!!!! Can you believe it? I am totally excited for that. The divorce thing should go well. We have a conference with the judge tomorrow - I'm not really sure what that means. I'm figuring they have some question about our paperwork, since it was done by me and all and not by a lawyer. Troy and I will both be there so any questions that do arise should be taken care of right away. If the judge doesn't finalize the divorce then, we'll schedule another date to take care of it. Hopefully if we do have to reschedule, they will be sympathetic to my leaving the country and take care of it pronto!

By the way, I bought a new outfit for the occasion - including really cute suede boots, with heels. I'm going to wear them tomorrow; sometimes fashion has to take priority over pain. If only for a couple hours.

OK - time to gather paperwork for the Wayne County Circuit Court.

No comments: