Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am whole and complete again!

You know how you feel after you’ve been working towards something very diligently, and then it comes to fruition? That’s how I feel today. It’s an absolutely fantastic feeling! Almost like I’m floating! The funniest thing about it is that it’s such a small thing, or rather I considered it a small thing when I was in the US.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I FINALLY HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS! It’s taken about a month and a half of calling calling and calling again, being on the phone for an hour at a time, going here and there and getting wrong information more often than getting the correct ones…..I am so incredibly relieved that it is done. It’s like a hundred million pound elephant was lifted off my shoulders. I also was able to hook up my wireless too, so I am completely mobile within my house! This allows me to pay my bills in the US and Mexico, chat and talk online to friends and family, search for information at will and essentially – BE FREE!!!! This was really the last service I had to hook up, so now I actually get to start living. I’m pretty sure I haven’t stopped smiling!

OK, now that I am accessible – here are a few ways you can get a hold of us which are much cheaper options than calling:

Yahoo Messenger (with voice) – my ID is mayerkt; I think Keith’s is kpmayer44 or just kmayer44. You can make free computer to computer calls here too (if you have the free upgrade to Yahoo with voice), but in my experience its best left to just IMing – the delay for voice is bad sometimes and I’ve gotten cut off a lot.

Skype – I think my name is karintmk…….but I’m not sure. If you don’t have skype, download it free at www.skype.com. It’s completely free to call computer to computer, and pretty good rates if you are calling computer to land line / cell phone. If you don’t have a built in microphone / headset you can get one for a relatively cheap price at your local computer mega store. This does work with dialup as well, however sometimes there is voice distortion, so I would really only recommend it for those with high-speed.

I don’t have AIM – because I’m kind of anti-AOL; but if there are enough of you crazies out there who use it often, maybe I’ll think about downloading it……..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a diehard AOL user. You should download!

Anonymous said...

Hey - Karinsky - welcome back to the world of high-speed internet. Couple of comments: what did you end up naming your bowling team? AND ..I hear ya on the Diet bandwagon" I started last week on my Healthy Eating and lost 6 lbs in one week...after two or three weeks of this, I will level off, then the real test will start - keeping it off....Love you cousin! - Connie