Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wet Foot

I went to get a car wash today finally, and decided to stop at a place less than a mile from our house. Not an American car wash, mind you, but a concrete lot where they have many men with buckets, a trough full of water and a few vacuums. Its only 20 pesos, and it looked like they do a good job…….so I get out of the car and promptly step right into a water trench, where I managed not only to soak my foot but also to twist my bad knee.

The guy was cleaning out the trash, and almost threw away the ice scraper that my Dad put in there (he didn’t know what the heck it was), and then it takes the guy a half hour to clean it – while there were three other guys standing around that could very easily have been helping him. And I was on my lunch break, so it didn’t leave me much more than 20 minutes to get home and eat.

He did a pretty decent job, but the moral of the story is you get what you pay for, either in quality OR time. I wish they had touchless car washes at the gas stations here…..but come to think of it, I haven’t seen an automatic wash here at ALL! I think next time I will just ask the guy at work to do it, I see him washing other peoples cars when he’s done doing the concrete mixes…...he hates to be idle.

No comments: