Monday, June 18, 2007

He loves me, he really loves me :)

Pat and I are officially registered for a walk/race event this weekend. Wanna know what its for?


Totally not Pat's idea (shocking, I know) :) But I think he's awesome for participating and letting me sign him up. I think I've mentioned before that we live in a very gay friendly area - and some of our new neighbors/friends mentioned that they have signed up for this event - and when we were having our condo BBQ a few weeks ago we were talking how it would be cool for us to do it too. But, since Pat hasn't run in a while, and there's no way in God's green earth your going to get this preggo pants to run, we signed up for the 2 mile fun walk. So we still get to support our friends, and celebrate lesbian and gay pride. And we get a cool T-shirt. Here's last year's design:


I don't think we'll be headed to the Pride Parade though - which is on Sunday (this year's marshall is former NBA player, John Amaechi). We haven't had a lazy weekend to ourselves in a while, so I'm sure we'll just chill and enjoy not doing anything on Sunday.

I think participation in this event officially makes me an LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgendered) ally. It kind of makes it sound like a super hero or something. Said in my best action movie promo voice "We're part of the Allied Forces - defending the world against evil wrongdoers everywhere." I'm not much of an activist, but its always nice to stand up for something in some way - even if its just a small donation or gesture like participating in a walk. And, as I read somewhere.....just because I'm straight, doesn't mean I'm narrow.

No comments: