Friday, August 31, 2007

Little Miss Impatient Pants

*sigh* I had another check up this morning. Little to no change/improvement from last week. I realize it doesn't mean anything. Heck, they could check me at 3 cm and I could stay that way for a couple weeks , just as I could be at 1 cm and go into labor tomorrow. Its just so frustrating, because I WANT to see some progression here!!! I want to know when to expect this little person to arrive! I'm SOOO impatient! I guess I just don't like the anticipation, nor do I like the not knowing. It all goes back to all my control issues I have, I suppose.

UGH

Dr. guestimates baby at around 6 - 6 1/2 pounds right now. He said today "if you go to full term, this baby won't be a shrimp, that's for sure". Great. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for a 12 pound baby, but wouldn't it be so much easier/quicker if it were just an itty bitty 6 pounder? I'm really not thinking that's gonna happen though. But, I suppose since God gave me this big ol' child bearing hips, I might as well put them to good use and pop out giant babies!

Side note, an old wives tale states that if you have heartburn, you're going to have a hairy baby. I recently read that there have been studies to confirm this tale. Something about the same hormone that relaxes the esophagus and contributes to heartburn (in addition to the fact that your stomach is all squished to high heaven sharing prime real estate with the baby) has been noted to be the same hormone that is responsible for fetal hair growth. Hmm.....interesting.

Given that A) I've had wicked aweful heartburn over this last trimester and B) Baby Daddy is a rather big fuzz ball himself - I'm sure I'll have a baby that more resembles a monchhichi than the bald baby I was (I don't think I had hair until I was 3.....). What do you think? There's still lots of potential for cuteness through the fuzz, eh?


And dammit - now I can't get the Monchhichi song out of my head.

oh, Happy Labor Day weekend to everyone!!! Summer is officially over.....almost! We're headed to Michael & Kristen's tomorrow morning for the weekend. It will be nice to visit some family again.....especially since they don't live far away :) Its still within my one hour radius of the hospital my Dr. says I'm allowed to roam freely in.

::::::::::: AND NOW, YOUR MOMENT OF SCRAPPING ZEN :::::::::::

Chicago Botanic Gardens: The End of Summer [Credits]


Journaling Reads:

The end of August. The end of Summer.

But all is not ending. This means that September is almost here, and September brings the beginning of a new life for us! This day, we took advantage of one of our last days alone as a couple, and took a walk around the Chicago Botanic Gardens...enjoying each others company, the scenery and the warm late summer sunshine. Don't get me wrong, we love each other so much, but we can't wait until our new addition arrives! Bring on the Fall!

1 comment:

Gina said...

OMG- I've been trying to imagine what your mothers grandchild would look like...how FREAKIN CUTIE!

Yeah- now I have that dumb song stuck in MY head!