Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!!!

A big giant super HAPPY 30th Birthday to my favorite person in the world PAT O’BRIEN!!!

Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layouts

I was pretty bummed out that I couldn’t be there to do anything nice, like take him out to dinner or something like that. I did, however, manage for the first time ever to get a birthday present that (I think) the person doesn’t know about. Hopefully he’ll find out about it today – if not then tomorrow. If you’re reading this, Patrick, DAMMIT I just ruined the surprise. But I hope you like it still :o)

Other big news of the day……well, its actually old news for those of you who were camping with us at the Diaz Camp-O-Rama…..Pat O’Brien and I are officially getting married! WHOOOooOoOOOO HOooOOOOO! We’ll be getting hitched in Chicago sometime in March. We wanted to do Vegas, but its just not realistic with our and our families’ budgets….besides, Chicago rocks and there are very many cool places to do it. Of course those cool places all cost $5000 to rent not including the food, so we won’t be getting married in them, but we’ll find another option. Its going to be a small, intimate, short ceremony – just us, our parents, our siblings and our nieces and nephews – and then a nice dinner at a restaurant after. I’m looking forward to it! It will be about a month after I get home, so its more cool stuff to look forward to! And, just because it’s a small wedding doesn’t mean any less planning. I’ve still got a lot to take care of :o)

Funny thing – there is a dude called Rent-A-Rev who I’ve looked at to officiate the ceremony – and he’s the dude that married the My Fair Brady peeps that aired this weekend. The guy called Pat to make sure he knew the episode was airing. I thought that was funny. But hey, man, advertising is advertising – I’d work it anyway I could too!

I’m pretty bummed out because I planned on going to the gym to crunch out an hour of exercise, but I totally forgot about the meeting I have tonight in Mexico. Crap. And I almost totally got up early and went at 6AM. Seriously! I did! I woke up to call Pat and be the first to wish him Happy Birthday…..and I was planning on going to the gym right after. Unfortunately I took a nytol last night to help with the sleep, but I didn’t take it until like midnight because I thought maybe I could go to sleep by myself….so I was all super groggy and weird feeling. I figured it was best to stay away from heavy machinery and treadmills while feeling like that – so I went back to bed for an hour. So now, I’m going to have to get up early tomorrow morning and do it. I need at least 60 minutes three times a week.

Oh yeah, update on the scary Gyno-ness. I called the Doc this morning and he said that from the blood work I had done it looked like I needed a Measles booster. That was it. I was flippin out for nothing. They recommend getting the boosters for measles/chicken pox if you haven’t had them in a while to protect the fetus en utero. No, I’m not pregnant, but I am getting married in 8 months, so I figured I better get the works done to make sure the plumbing was all good to go for the next year.

Apparently everything else (pap smear, infection check, blood check) came out perfectly. It’s just like me though – I flip out and always expect the worst. I’m not sure why. Typically I’m not a pessimistic person, but when it comes to health issues I always feel like I’m gonna die. I definitely need to start seeing a shrink about that when I get back to the states.

You know, it doesn’t help that Keith comes home yesterday and tells me one of his students has Dengue Fever. I totally feel like I’ve been exposed. As a matter of fact, maybe strange, mysterious bruising and rashes is a symptom of Dengue Fever.

Ugh. I’m such a hypochondriac.

OK, off to Mexico. Have a great day!

1 comment:

eunice said...

congratulations hon... that's great news! we should talk soon. take care... (big hug)