Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Weekend plans

Ick. I just ate a pack of baby carrots. can i say how much i don't like veggies? ew. But, I bought a whole shit pile of groceries last night, and I have vowed to not let ANY go to waste. I'm still managing to lose weight without including a ton of fruits and veggies, but I am hoping that upping my good food intake will jump start my loss again.....I need to lose at least 1.5 pounds this week to reach my current challenge goals.

As far as weekend plans go.......

There is a rugby sevens tournament (they play with 7 players instead of 15) in Acapulco this weekend....its been planned for a while, but my brother's team (The Wallabies) didn't decide to participate until the last few weeks or so. We signed up today to go. $500 pesos each, includes a tournament shirt, bus ride there and back from DF, dinner and open bar saturday night, room at a 5 star hotel, breakfast on Sunday, and a World Cup finals viewing party on the big screen. Not a bad deal :)

For that price its a 4 person occupancy, but i think that instead of sharing a bed with keith and two other stinky smelly rugby guys, I might get my own room. At most it will be an extra $1000 pesos, and I just got an unexpected bonus (that I should be using to pay bills, but I'm not really) and I think I can afford it.

I'm looking forward to going to Acapulco again, even if it is for a short weekend. I could use the extra tannage to prepare for my canoe trip next weekend :) I can't very well show up in Michigan in front of all the Mexican side of the family and not look like I've been living in Mexico!

No comments: