Saturday, October 18, 2008

Orchards a go go

We're visiting Indiana this weekend hanging out with Shannon, Patricia and Michael whilst their parents are off in West Virginia white water rafting somewhere.....we spent last night keeping our Friday Game Night tradition alive with Clue, and we also taught the kids how to play Yahtzee. It was pretty fun!

Soooo......today we had the bright idea of going to an orchard / pumpkin patch because Pat and I really, really wanted some apple cinnamon donuts. On a Saturday. So we loaded up the car.....took the scenic route through Gary.....and 45 minutes later we ended up at a wonderful little orchard with a MILLION of our closest friends. Three giant parking lots. All full with cars from Wisonsin, Illinois and Indiana. Craziness I tell you. Craziness.

Shannon and I fought our way through the crowds to get some cider and donuts - and we didn't even bother to go to the kiddie farm or hay ride because everything cost a gazillion dollars. Liam was kind of sort of cranky because I think he's coming down with something....either another molar or a cold or something. Anywho - I'll be damned if I was going to drive all that way and not get a few photos.




It was a beautiful day, and the drive back was much quicker (we took a different way). There was also no major fights between kids. And, the donuts were pretty delicious - so all and all it was a good day :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

ha ha! I feel like we were at the same farm! What a good looking fam! I think I and the girls are trying to hold off a cold too. uggh!