Friday, January 07, 2005

Science note o' the day

I'm fascinated with the whole Tsunami story. Discovery.com (of which I get regular emails from......Mainly for Trading Spaces updates) sent an email today with this link. Its computer generated animation - but the images were captured by earth orbiting radars.

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tsunami/animation.html

It makes me Shiver. It also makes me very happy to live in Michigan. Where the most we have to deal with is a lot of rain and snow.

Come to think of it, Toluca is at the base of a volcano - close to a very active seismic zone. A friend who lived in Toluca most her life said the earthquakes don't do damage there because the soil is volcanic rock - very solid - As opposed to the spongy earth below Mexico City. I'm not sure if that is comforting or not.........

Great.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Ha! Lucy! You've been sucked in :) Thats how it started with me too!

Its good to know someone is reading my random thoughts, and if it were up to me, yes, you're stints at Epcot would count as living there!