Tuesday, January 06, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

I love when Pat returns from a trip. Even a short one. It feels good to snuggle him, give kisses, and smell his sweet cologne. Yum. Can you tell I missed him? LOL. He was only gone for a night. AND, I wasn't even missing him just because of the fact that he helps out with Liam so much. I just missed him. *sigh* He's my dream boat. Definitely one of my favorite things.

Some of my other favorite things are reading, and taking baths. Preferably at the same time. I could soak in a warm, deep tub for HOURS if I'm engrossed in a good book. Or at least in a trashy, mindless book ;) I even have one of those tub caddy things, to hold my pages open and the book above so it doesn't get wet (this was a purchase after I had dropped one too many books in the tub). I haven't taken advantage of our large fabulous tub in a long time. I'm not sure why, but I think its because I haven't had the urge to read. That is, until I got hooked on the Twilight series. Yes, I'm indeed hooked on Kid Lit (or teen lit, whatev). I think that's worse than Chic Lit, don't you?

Anyway, the recent discovery of these books has lead to many, long, luxurious soaks in the tub. I had to ask Pat to get me out after a measly one hour and forty-five minutes. I surely could have stayed an hour longer. Its like rediscovering an old friend - and being nice, warm and relaxed as a side benefit. Happy reading!

No comments: