Thursday, December 15, 2005

Beautiful time, beautiful city!

The drive to Querétero was less than exciting, and since I was hopped up on cold meds I slept most of the way....but the city itself was beautiful!!!!! We were in the central area, and there were fountains and little squares around each corner. Many of the streets were pedestrian only, and there was no graffitti and tons of color and colonial architecture, little cafes, bars and restaurants, and stores to shop at. And, even though our cell phones didn't work and I forgot to bring Lisa's number, we managed to meet up around 7PM and have a great dinner. It really was fantastic to see her, it feels so good to be reminded of home :) Here's a pic of us, and of the city:




We left at about 10:30pm, and ended up getting home at 1:30AM. Keith shirked his Red Bull allegence and decided to try some of the other energy drinks here, most of which are carbonated. It tasted nasty, kind of like medicine we had as kids (but not the yummy pink bubble gum kind). It apparently did the trick because we got home safe and sound!

I also picked up the letters from México City for my landlord - I hope its what they are looking for. As I thought - they wouldn´t pay for any bills I don't pay, which makes total sense, but just vouched for mycharacter and my salary and said they would notify them in the event that my work was terminated before the contract was up. I am not exactly sure what kind of assurance this gives people, but hopefully its enough so that we can stay in our house!

OH YAY! Today is Jueves - cleaning day! When I get home my house will be nice and sparkley because Matilde came today! Whooo HOooOOooO!

ALso, the first game of the soccer finals is today - Los Diablos de Toluca vs Monterrey........so far we're down 3 - 2, but its not over yet. I have discovered that I can't understand a word of play by play, but I really really like it when they sing, and when they say GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

And now, your moment of Zen

No comments: