Friday, April 07, 2006

Goals

When I came to Mexico, I had all these grand visions of saving tons of money, travelling the countryside, visiting far off places every free chance I got, taking up photography......I realize now that I should have had more realistic expectations. As in, A) I don't have the energy to go travelling all over the land on the short weekend time that I have off because I work 10 billion hours a day during the week, and B) Even if I did have the energy I wouldn't have the $CASH$. And photography? Well, I was going to buy a digital SLR when I bought my computer, but I held off. Good thing I did too......because money is TIGHT!

One thing that I do want to do - no, that I will do - is visit the areas that my grandparents & thier families are from. Lucky for me, they are in the next two neighboring states, Michoacan and Guanajuato, which is definitely weekend driving distance (I would say less than four hours). I just got the information from my cousins of the names of the cities/villages/ranches and such, so now I am going to start doing some research. It would be great to be able to access public records and such while I am here. I think my first goal is to visit one of the areas by June. Not sure which, or exactly when, but putting that goal out there is the first step to achieving it, right?

No comments: