Monday, April 03, 2006

Happy April, Daylight Savings Time & Opening Day!

Go Tigers! This really could be their year!

It’s been a flurry of activity since we’ve talked last. I’m dragging ass today for no particular reason. I guess maybe because I didn’t do yoga last night and I slept like big hairy ass. I hit my snooze button for an hour and a half. That’s totally unlike me – once or twice maybe, but 20 times ????

Medical Mania
My health has been improving, but it seems to get worse even though I am feeling OK. Friday I had two doctors appointments – Summaries are below:

Doctor #1 – I went for a review of my CT scan that I took a while back. He said my nasal airways are over 70% closed, and referred me to a nasal surgeon. He said my allergies are a secondary problem to the fact that I can’t breathe!! I still haven’t decided what to do. I mean, I’ve lived with not being able to breathe well my whole life – do I really need to address it now? I think I might put off seeing the surgeon until I move back to the states…..

Doctor #2 – On the way to this appointment, I managed to cause an accident by cutting a guy off – and the car behind him smashed into him. I thought he was letting me in, but then as I was halfway over he kept on going, then stopped rapidly. I know it was my fault, but I didn’t stick around to feel the wrath of people I can’t understand.

Anywho, this was a gyno appointment, so I won’t go into all the gory details here. What was cool is that I got to be on TV! He also did colposcopy (sp?) so when we did the exam he had my cervix up on the screen so I could watch. After the initial shock of having my crotch on an extreme close up, I actually thought it was pretty cool. Although, at one point I did get a bit nauseous and had him turn it off. I asked him to turn it back on after I did some deep yoga breathing and calmed down. He was cracking up!

Rugby Road Trip
Saturday I decided it would be a good idea to travel with Keith and his rugby team to Celaya, a city in Eastern Guanajuato. I really didn’t want to go – I knew it would be a long day, and I really just felt like sleeping and doing nothing. Turned out to be a good idea. It was a fun day, and beautiful outside (at least in the shade – in the sun it was over 90) even though they lost. Keith got rattled on one tackle, and it made my heart drop when I saw him not getting up. Turns out he just got the wind knocked out of him – but I always think the worst and my mind goes directly to head injuries. I’m also pretty sure he broke his nose. Again. Which reminds me, I need to remind him to make sure he still has emergency travel insurance when we’re home for Easter.

On the way back we stopped in DF at Ofo’s house (really, we’re going to start calling him MoFo, because that’s all I can think of when I hear his name). There was lots of drinking and libations, starting from the point of leaving Celaya. Apparently they have not heard of the whole open container law in Mexico. I did not partake – I actually only drank one beer at the social after the game. I’m watching calories and carbs, and beer is a good source of both. It ended up working well anyway, since I was the driver. The pic is of the group, right before we left. From left to right, Christian, Keith, Ofo, Me, some random guy I don't know, and Nico.

Sunday was a lazy day. I couldn’t do laundry because I got up too late and in the afternoons here it usually storms for an hour or two. I guess that might not make sense to most people, but we don’t have a dryer so we have to hang our clothes out to dry in the back yard. Not like a little bit of rain would normally hurt clothing, but the rain here is dirty. It leaves dirt marks everywhere. It’s pretty gross. And the storms come with rough winds, so our clothes would end up in our neighbor’s backyards. I think Keith has already lost a couple shirts to that. I should probably get some clothespins. The weather should act like this from now until August or so. It reminds me a lot of Denver – I’m sure it has something to do with the mountains all over.

We did manage to get dressed and go to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping. I don’t know why I continue to go there on Sunday afternoon – I end up being all pissed off after we’re done. There is soooo many people and they usually have some sort of marketing people outside blasting three different kinds of music, and it really is sensory overload. I guess we just end up going at that time because we don’t really have any other time to do it. *sigh* such is life.

On a happy note, we thought Keith was going to have to go to immigration to get his visa extended, but when we looked at it this morning, turns out they gave him a 180 day visa when we crossed the border instead of the normal 90 day ones you get at airports. Pretty cool!

No comments: