Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So much to do.....

I am a master procrastinator. I have a ton of things to do, but have spent the majority of the morning being a "CYBERCHONDRIAC" making sure that my brother isn't going to die of dengae fever or anything like that. Back to that in a minute....

Today is my last day here until next Tuesday, and I have a few things to wrap up - but nothing really earth shattering or urgent. I think I work best when my ass is under fire and I have to produce something right away. If I am given time - then I take time. I have never been good with self imposed deadlines.

Anyway, I slept again like big hairy ass last night. I figure I only got one or two hours of sleep, tops. I was just restless, not sure why. I'm sure hearing Keith wretching every two hours starting at 3AM didn't help much either. But I really think I would have been awake anyway.

So, when I first heard Keith throwing up, I thought to myself - I just went to bed a couple hours ago......did he decide to down the three liter bottle of tequila we just bought? Or just decide to see how quickly he could get really drunk? So, I went downstairs and found no evidence of a two hour binge drink fest. I went back upstairs and asked if he was OK. He said yeah, except for the coca crispies and strawberries that were launching out of his gut - he thought it might have been something he ate.....

This morning, before I left for work I brought him up some gatorade, saltines, and cold water, and checked in on him to make sure he didn't have cold sweats or body aches. I also checked to make sure he had not recently played with any dead birds or had contact with people who have travelled recently to asia - or that he didn't eat any thing from a can that was dented, or stuff that smelled funny. A big negative to all of the above. Which means A) its the flu or B) he did eat something bad in our fridge. I have ruled out salmonella and botulism as possible causes based on my research online this morning :o). I wish I knew for certain if it was the flu or not, because now I am afraid to eat anything in our house! We'll see how the kids holding up when I go home for lunch.

No comments: