Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Operation Purge Crap – Phase 1 complete

Lo and behold to thier Word – the Salvation Army (or rather, Ejercito de Salvation) was at my house shortly alter 1:00PM yesterday to pick up my crap. I was amazed! Taking into account Mexican Time I figured they wouldn't be there until a day later at the earliest. Color me happy and pleasantly suprised! It’s a little bit of a chore to get the receipt, they don’t just give you one right away. I have to fax a list of everything I sent, along with all my info, and they will send one back to me. Hopefully I’ll get it, but if not, it was all donated for a good cause anyway.

According to my very humble estimations and lists – I gave away about $2000 in schtuff. Quite a bit, eh? Amazing how it all adds up. It feels good to have it all gone – most of my clothing is officially gone through, and about 80% of my maid’s quarters is now cleared out. I still have the big daddy to wade through – my office. There is SOOOOOO much crap in there – its even getting hard to walk. Well, part of that is our laundry which we hang in there on chairs, doors and ladders to dry, but the other part is just pure crap. I have about just under a BILLION papers to go through and shred. Just the thought of it is daunting. I already went through files/bills from 1995-about 2002 earlier this year…..but I still have four years to go. It’s a huge pain in the ass, but I know I’ll feel cleansed after its all done. I don’t need to store things that I don’t even need, know what I mean??

Also on slate today – taking the Furry McFurrisons to the vet. I’m going to get their health certificates and update vaccinations and stuff so we can bring the kitties home next week! Thalia is going with Keith on Sunday, since she’s such a good traveler, albeit a bit noisy. Milo is coming with me on the following Friday, since he tends to be more of a barfer/shitter/peer when he travels, sometimes all at once. He just has never traveled well. I’ll be more prepared for accidents this time though…handy dandy napkins, baby wipes, and plastic bags for disposing. Last time I waited to give him his tranquilzer because I didn’t want to give it to him if I didn’t have to….he’s not getting any younger, and older cats sometimes have difficulties processing the medication. But it will just be less stressful on everyone if he’s all high, so I’m going to give it to him right away – before we even leave for the airport. It will be easier on me!

No comments: