Friday, March 31, 2006

So far, so good

Well, I have managed to not be mega depressed so far. I'm sure its a combination of many things, but I think keeping busy at work and outside of work is a big contributor. Also, in Charlotte Pat O'Brien brought me some yoga videos that I ordered (which are nearly impossible to find here) and I have done a few segments of that as well. Yoga has helped me in the past with managing stress, so I am hoping it will help this time around too. I guess the other thing, in addition to stress reduction, I would like to increase my focus - so I can stay grounded on issues and keep my weight loss headed in the right direction. I've gained 3 pounds or so back of the 8 that I lost.....discouraging, yes, but at least I am still below where I started.

I did 15 minutes of yoga before I went to bed, and I think I slept totally through the night for the first time in ages. I actually didn't even hit the snooze this morning when I woke up. Fabulous! I also hit up a 20 minute segment this morning - it helped shake the sleepies out of me. Although Milo and Thalia were constantly trying to sit on/next to me, which makes moving into a different position a bit of a chore. Purring is pretty theraputic and calming though, so I don't mind all that much.

No comments: