Friday, June 09, 2006

What a day

I thought this day was going to go well, since I had a massage scheduled for first thing in the morning before my Doctor's appt. My massage went well, I found the Doctors office OK, but thats about as good as the day went.

The doc is a ENT, i finally made an appointment for him to review the CT scans i had a while back. I'm not sure what I was hoping for - I guess maybe a magic fix to the years of pain and suffering at the hands of my allergies. But, i got the standard "swelling due to allergic rhinitis, siniusitis and deviated septum". He perscribed me another plethora of meds, including another shot in the ass for the swelling and sent me on my way.

He did mention that he thought it would be worth my while to have the deviated septum corrected. He said if it is corrected, it reduces my predisposition to getting sinius infections and will help me breathe better. I really thought he was going to tell me something else about roto-rooting my plugged up and clogged nose, but since all that is due to inflamation, they can't do anything about that.

I have had multiple doctors mention the deviated septum thing in the past, but the two times I've gone to another doctor to find out more about it (granted, its never been an ear nose and throad guy), I've been told not to worry about it - that its not significantly deviated enough to cause serious issue.

So the question becomes do I have surgery here with the hopes that MAYBE I will be able to breathe better? do I get another second opinion? do I just wait until I get back to the US and do it there? I mean, I've gone this far in my life without breathing right, whats a few more months? or do I just leave it and continue treating it with loads and hoards of ineffective medicines in the hopes that maybe someday my allergies will simply go away?

Oh, did I mention that i was so super relaxed until he checked out my ears and decided to pull a wax chunk out of each the size of golf balls? Yeah, gross, I know, and I understand he was helping me, but I had just spent $50 on a 90 minute massage, and now I'm all tense and cringing in pain because he decides to poke at my brain. I swear, the first chunk had grey matter attached.

Then, I am trying to fill out the paperwork to get reimbursed for my doctors appointments and meds and such, and they are so hard to understand. I just have this feeling that I am going to fill them out, turn them in, and they will send them back to me saying that I'm retarded and can't fill things out right, and that they are going to keep my money just based on principal.

Ugh. I just want to feel better. I just want to be able to live without a box of tissue attached to my hip. I just want to be able to smell. Why can't someone just fix me??!?!?

No comments: