It probably doesn't help much that I'm hung over. I really didn't drink that much last night (seriuosly mom, I didn't!) but I think the altitude along with the fact that its been a while since I have imbibed were working against me. In any case, it was a bad lapse in judgement that caused me to miss work for the first time.....I blamed it on the food or water and irritable bowels. hey, might as well take advantage of it while you can!
So why was I out you may ask? My friend Maria Yanez came to Mexico City for work (she's a Holcim chick too). Her brother works in Mexico City as well, so we met up at her hotel and went out to a pretty cool restaurant called La Valentina. Mariachi's and all. Her brother David is somewhat of a high roller, so he ordered two bottles of really expensive Tequila and we drank most of it. Not shots mind, you. No, that is not how they roll here. It was like in a teeny tiny brandy snifter, followed by a sip of sangrita (think mega heavy bloody mary in a little shot glass). I admit, it was good, although it didn't taste good coming up this morning. We stayed in her hotel room to sleep for a bit because she didn't want me driving in Mexico City at night (for good reason, I suppose). So I woke up at 5:30 and Keith and I drove back. It was really good seeing a familiar face.......and being able to talk in Spanish and English at will (she's from Ecuador). Also, she's on her way back to Ecuador for three months to take care of her ailing mother, so any prayers for her and her family would be appreciated!
OK, so, despite a fun night here are other reasons why I'm crabby/sad/depressed:
- Thanksgiving is tomorrow. And I have to work. I didn't think it would really bother me, but it just reinforces how much I miss my family and back home. The more spam I get in my inbox about after-thanksgiving day sales makes me think about it more, and the more sad I get.
- I don't think that I am going to get the homes that I would like. The girl emailed me today and said someone else has an offer in for $500 more a month, and I just don't think its in my budget to match it. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up!!!
- I can't figure out how to work my damn phone voicemail. Its really starting to miff me off.
- I don't have any friends here.
- I want my OWN stuff in a apartment that I can call my OWN in a place where I can have my OWN wireless internet service!!!!!!!! This temporary living nonsense is Crap.
OK, I promised myself that I wouldn't cry in the stupid business center, so I guess that will be all for now.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone! And please be sure to be super Thankful that you have your family close to hold in your arms!