Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Top 10 lists

Figuring I really need to embrace my new found surroundings, here is a list of things I love most (so far) about Mexico

  1. Fruit, oh so fresh and succulent fruit!
  2. Homemade tortillas (corn or flour!) at tortillerias around every corner
  3. The smell of barbacoa wafting through the air
  4. COLOR!! (Biege? Whats beige?)
  5. Working for a company that people have actually heard of
  6. 2 hour lunches (and yes, I did take a siesta today)
  7. People enjoying their family
  8. Beautiful sunshine and mild weather
  9. Daily maid service
  10. Mexican music on the radio

And, on the flip side, here are 10 very important things I miss most about home

  1. My Family & Friends
  2. Pat O’Brien
  3. Chips without Chile flavor (i.e. Doritos and Tostidos)
  4. Potable water
  5. Being able to communicate well
  6. Pat O’Brien
  7. Being able to eat produce without wondering about amoebas and human excrement in fertilizers.
  8. Bright lamps and lights
  9. Being able to drive and breathe at the same time
  10. and last but not least……..Pat O’Brien

No comments: