Thursday, November 17, 2005

Un Buen Dia

I arose this morning fresh and awake and with a completely new (and much better) attitude. As you can imagine, I was in a pretty crapola mood yesterday, and was contemplating, although not seriously, bailing ship and coming back home. Alas, a new day, a new outlook. Thankfully, the shower has great water pressure and my morning as off to a great start.

We met with Claudia, our Latin American Relocation Management consultant (hereby referred to as LARM) and were off to view some potential habitations. She’s very cool, and young like me, so will prove to be a very good resource. Oh, and Claudia’s mom joined us, as she had not seen her daughter in a while (she recently returned from a trip to Russia). We saw some pretty incredible homes, a couple of which I of course, fell in love with. And, of course, they were the more expensive ones. One of the homes was on a old plantation type place, which was unbelievably beautiful, with a lake and many many old Cyprus trees and its own on site chapel (think of the Three Amigos chapel in Santa Poco…….soo cute!). But, it is farther away from the city, and mostly families and very quiet. Another place had a ton of incredible tile work, and the most fabulous garden I have ever seen. So, who knows. I or should I say ¿Quién sabe? We see more homes tomorrow.

In the meantime, we’ve figured out how to use our calling cards, our apartment phones still don’t work, and I still don’t have internet access. Keith finally figured out how to start the oven, so we had some awesome pizzas for dinner. I have had an incredible headache since lunch time (which is way later here), but thankfully I purchased an industrial size bottle of Excedrin (which by the way they don’t sell here). The caffeine makes me jittery – and a little anxious. I guess this whole situation in general is bound to wind me up, but I would rather not revert back to my old panic attack ways. I have meds for it and everything, but I’d rather not take them…….understandably.

No comments: