Wednesday, November 30, 2005

ONE MORE SLEEP!

Hip Hip Hooray! One more sleep for me and then Pat O'Brien will be here :) The people at the lab are cracking up at me because apparently I've been very chipper today.....skipping around, grinning like an idiot and the like. Its funny how they can make fun of me without speaking English :) All in good fun though.

Today has been a pretty good day - I spent the morning doing tests for the heat of hydration for dry and partially hydrated cement. Sounds not fun, but actually is. It involves putting on a semi-space / tin foil suit and taking stuff out of an 950°C oven, and even besides that, its a pretty cool test. All the technicians from each of our cement plants' laboratories are here learning how to do more stuff. One guy said he's in love with me, even though I'm from the US don't speakSpanishh, and knew him for about two minutes. You know, I don't understand everything in Spanish, but it was very easy to see how he felt about our president, and Americans in general. Pretty interesting. Alas, his adoration was not reciprocated, although it did get me a seat in the lab during the testing.

Also weird today - I had sushi for an appetizer for lunch. Really,that'ss the last thing I expected to see in México. Apparently everyone else was just as astounded, judging by all the comments and faces (think four year olds and brussel sprouts). It was followed by spicy ass soup, and some pollo mole verde which was stupendous. I didn't have dessert because it was jiggly, but at least I gave it a try before I started making faces myself.

Hmmm....its 5:00pm.....maybe I will go home and take some sleeping pills, to then I can wake up and it will be tomorrow :) OK, OK, I'll knock off the cheesiness.......give me a break, eh???

No comments: