Sunday, November 27, 2005

Improving my Spanish Skillz

Yesterday was a pretty eventful day. We went to a car dealership to see if we could talk to someone about purchasing a car, and it ended up in frustration. They want 3 months worth of pay stubs from Apasco BEFORE I can buy a car. How the heck am I supposed to wait 3 months without a car????? Ugh. Sheer frustration. But, at least I did communicate what I was looking for, and the good news is that they do have a cute little car with every thing that I want for the price I would like to pay. Now, I just have to figure out financing.....


After that, I bought my new bed, and we ate lunch at a pretty cool restaurant called California Restaurant. It was a buffet. The food was OK, and it was about $12 a person all you can eat, and all you can drink. And yes, damas y caballeros, that does include beer. See for yourself!!! The beer is right next to the pop! I think when Pat O'Brien gets here on this week we might stop here and load up before we go out to the bar :)


We decided after that to venture out to the city center, and we saw some pimp cathedrals and lots of goods for sale, though we mostly just looked. Also, thank goodness you can always count on McDonalds for clean, available bathrooms. I was about ready to poop my pants (damn food doesnt always agree) when we came across a McD's. I will forever be a loyal customer!

We also saw the Museo de Bella Artes and a incredible botanic gardens with Vitrales, or stained glass as a centerpiece. Check out the pics!


To top the night off we went to a club called L'aqua and drank and danced the night away. I did manage to make some friends (a kindergarten teacher, her boyfriend and her sister) but I didn't get any numbers. How do you go about that anyway without them thinking that you are hitting on them? I don't think there is protocal out there for trying to pick up friends......oh well, you never find good ones at the bars anyway :)

No comments: