Thursday, November 10, 2005

The countdown begins.....

First, I shall apologize for not updating much during my two week learning rampage. Seriously, its been WAY tough. I get home and I'm incredibly exhausted. The first day I came home and just layed down in bed and zoned out for a while. My brain was fried. And, even though I was bummed out about my placement, turns out they knew what they were doing :) go figure! It was a great place for me to start, and I've progressed very quickly and very well. Those of you who know me, however, will also know that I don't think I ever progress quickly or well enough!

So, my spanish is coming along. Rather functional, I would say, although it still does take me some time to think about what I'm saying. Thats the problem with engineers! They always take too daggone long to think! It will give me a good foundation for which to learn. I'll be fluent in three months. Anyone want to bet???

Important other goings on - I got a STUPENDOUS going away present from Pat O'Brien - my very own super new fabulous iPod video. Way cool. I also bought a new computer so I won't be computerless my first few months in Mexico.

I can't believe its actuallly happening!!!!!! I got a presentation of pics from my relo company of potential living places......they look pretty darn awesome, and they ALL come with maid service!!!

No comments: