Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Blah Weekend, again.

I had the day off yesterday in celebration of Labor Day. It made for a long weekend, but I didn't have much to do so it didn't amount to much of anything except for being lonely. Kinda stinks. I really wish I was the type of person who could go and explore things alone, but I am not. On top of that, I don't really feel that safe travelling here by myself, so even if I was super adventerous I wouldn't be going out much alone anyway.

Not that I have all sorts of extra cash to travel. Which brings me to a question - do you rack up all sorts of credit card debt in the name of the once in a lifetime opportunity to travel and see things you normally wouldn't see in a country you live in? Or do you stay bored and dull stuck in your house because you are being responsible and not incurring any more debt than is absolutely necessary???

Ack. I'm in a super terrible mood. Its been sticking with me since last Friday. I was in a fantastic mood until I drove home - then saw all sorts of poverty and had all sorts of ass wipes trying to T bone me (yeah, 4 different times on ONE drive home), kinda put me in a shitty mood. And I haven't come out of it. I went out on Saturday to eat and hang out with friends for a bit, but Sunday and Monday I don't think I left the house except to grocery shop. I think I am in a crappy mood because I feel lonely. I hate feeling lonely.

I tried to keep myself busy with projects, but it didn't work well for long. I did some scrapbooking. I took about 1 million photos of myself trying to capture a good self potrait. I went through and threw out a bunch of pictures, negatives I will never use, trying to organize them or at least display them in photo albums. You're supposed to toss doubles and pics that are crappy, and only keep the ones you really enjoy. I've gone from two big rubbermaid totes full of pics down to one small cardboard box, and a few photo albums. I still don't know what to do with all my wedding photos. I don't really want to keep the 10,000 that I have, but I can't seem to throw them away, either. I have the ones I really like in a scrapbook already. Question - if you were in a wedding, would you want copies of pics you were in after the couple was divorced? I found a whole slew of copies of pics I was supposed to send out to the wedding party, but never got around to it - not sure if I should still send them out 5 years after the fact.....

Then I was destroying all sorts of old bills and such. Apparently you don't need to keep them for more than 2 years, and I have about 10 years worth!!! Tax stuff you keep for 7 years, and reciepts you can get rid of right away. Until my shredder decided to bite the dust. I'm still holding out hope that maybe it was just resting, but the realist in me doesn't think so. That will stink because I have about three other boxes of stuff to shred, and I really don't feel like hand tearing everything - and a new shredder isn't really in the budget. I need to busy myself with paring down my belongings.....simplifying. Watching Clean Sweep on TLC has helped quite a bit, thats where I learned the tidbits above. I have to face the reality that I don't want to live like a pack rat, and I want to have a more simple decluttered life when I return to the US. Might as well start now.

No comments: