Friday, September 01, 2006

Political Unrest?

OK - I was watching what I thought was the presidential address on TV this evening - all appeared to be happy.

I guess not.

When Fox TRIED to make his address to congress earlier today - THIS is what happened. Who blocks the president from making his STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS? Thats awfully ballsy if you ask me - Thems fighin' words.......

**Side Note** By the way, the stopped selling alcohol last night after midnight (which thwarted our Kareoke plans) so the people who want to sabotage don't get drunk and do even more stupid things. No alcohol needed here.

Seriously, its getting kind of scary. This dude, AMLO, is, oh....I forget what they call it - a revolutionist maybe? Someone who rallies the people and has the potential to influence people to do stupid things. Such as the case is right now. The thought that scares me the most is that he (or the supporters, not exactly sure here) vowed to make Mexico UNGOVERNABLE if Calderon is confirmed president?!?!? WTF? Dude - totally DO NOT want to be here if thats the case.

All over what, you may ask? Well, I really don't know because the people on the news talk too fast for me to understand. I've tried to find info online, but most just talk about how there is unrest and how people are clogging up Mexico City. I did manage to find a seemingly well informed Expat blogger named Jeffrey Wright who gave me a little insight - you can find his BLOG HERE. Now, I have no idea how truthful the information is - but it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that if that all is true - how can AMLO's supporters not know that it does not constitute NATION wide fraud? Hasn't this election been verified by many other international entities aside from the IFE (Federal Electoral Institute)? Sorry guys, but I don't think the peeps from the European Union that were here overseeing the elections are in cahoots with the government.

And if it was fraud - don't you think they'd fix it to win by more than 0.58%????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so totally random, but i saw ur comments looked kinda lonely so i decided to throw some 'ments love your way. If you have time download "The Last Kiss" soundtrack on iTunes. It's Zach Braff's upcoming movie and the soundtrack is great. Paperweight and Arms of a Woman will make you miss your man, but you'll love em all the same.

Love you chica. Stay safe!

Oh, and the ridding yourself of bad relationships, it's a work-in-progress :)

-beth