Monday, September 25, 2006

What a scrap-happy weekend!

I managed to scrap a shit pile this weekend, and I had a blast doing it. I think I figured I was online for 40 hours this weekend. Don’t worry, I had good posture so my back doesn’t hurt – but I think there is a dent in the couch from where my butt was!

So what do I get for being an internet potato for that amount of time? I mean, besides preserving a TON of memories and working through a lot of the pictures/subjects I had, I also won a lot of challenges, played lots of games (I won a BINGO and got a $10 gift certificate!) racked up lots of points, and in general bonded with my cyber friends. In total I won about $15 in gift certificates, and another $15 in points! Definitely worth my time. And, who knows, maybe next time I will actually be a Creative Team Member for the site, so I will be even more involved! I think it’s only like a twice a year thing, but it sure is fun!

Another benefit from being online - I got a chance to chat with my friend B, and make her smile when she was feeling a little down. How did I do that, might you ask? Well, I shared one of my layouts with her – you can see it below – it’s called ON WHAT PLANET!??! That combined with just feeling great to chat with an old friend, I’m sure was the cure :)

Here are the layouts that I created with the motivation from the challenges and fast scraps from the girls at ACOT:

I hope For – I HOPE challenge

Paper - JW Winter Grace; Tears - Steph Krush; Photos from Tigers.com; Cardboard tag - Cardboard tag; Font: Jefferson, Too Much Paper, Cry Kitty, For the One Hundredth time,; My own handwriting by September Myles

Journaling Reads: I hope forThe AL CentralThe American League PennantThe October ClassicJust keep on Hangin' on boys.We know you can do it!We're all pulling for you!

Fall is for Family – Template Class Challenge

Sketch - Bree Clarkson; Papers - Kristy Ann muted autumn; Alpha, felt leaves - Tiff Brady; White heart brad - ACOT Circle of friends; Green ribbon bow - AJ Smith; font - for the one hundredth time;


Pumpkin Patch – Fall Color Challenge
Me and Pat O'Brien when we went with his entire family to the pumpkin patch! Finally - someone to take pictures of us!

Everything from Jen Wilson's Season Scraps Dried Leaves collection; Font - my handwriting, created by September Myles


My Heart – Shape, 2 pattern papers, 3 fonts Challenge

Heart – dmogstad; Papers - Jen Wilson Nostalgic Sepia; Alpha - Jen Wilson Glass Window & Soldered Charm; Glitzy Swirls - Jen Wilson Glitzy Swirls; Font - Batik Regular, Jefferson; Drop Shadows - Tracy Murphy

My little Fuzzy Butts – Animal Challenge
Don't know why, but that’s what I call them sometimes - amongst the 200 other names I have for them!

Kit is by Katie Pertiet - August Exclusive Kit at DST; Font - Batik regular & Jefferson


I’d Pick You – Folded Corner Challenge (from a class that was held on Saturday). Finally a LO of me and Danica - I miss her terribly!

Papers - Corina Freebie On a Whim; Hat Pin- Gina Miller; Font - my own handwriting created by September Myles


On What PLANET??!?! – Scrap a Hunk Challenge
SO, here's my take on the hunk challenge. I couldn't find pics that inspired me of my REAL hunk (Mark Ruffalo) and I already scrap my Super In Life hunk (Pat O’Brien) so I decided to run the opposite direction. Sorry if you throw up a little bit in your mouth :)

A little Soulful kit by Shannon Lee at ShannonLeeDesigns.com

Mark Ruffalo – Scrap a Hunk Challenge
I got razzed for my awesome KFed layout, but I was forced to succumb to Peer Pressure and scrap a real hunk. He's no Pat O'Brien, but if I have to choose a famous person, it would be him. He's been called "the thinking woman's sex symbol" I think because he isn't a typical hottie - crooked smile, wrinkles, not a hard body...he is a Midwest boy from Wisconsin, he's devoted to his family. His voice is soft; his eyes have soul...

Papers - Karin McCombs Sienna Dreams; Font - Rage, Hurricane; Various factory installed brushes :)


Halloween 2005 – Scavenger Hunt Challenge (just a mish most of various items we had to use - this is a two page 12x12 layout) The most recent Halloween camping excursion :) We went with the Mad Scientist Laboratory again - grown experiments (DF as Gumby, Nephew and Brother as growth Tiggers) and cloning (my sister and me - mad scientists) included!

Sketch - Dawn Wilson Simple Scraps Freebie (rotated, and copied and adjusted for 2nd page); Papers, rub on / stamp, round sticker - JW Midnight Jack (one paper recolored); Red eyelet & twine- recolored Katie Pertiet; White brad – myself; Stamp alpha- Michelle Coleman; Drop Shadows - Tracy Murphy


These are all the fast scraps I completed....Fast Scraps are similar to challenges – they give you an assignment, but you have to complete and submit within one hour (challenges must be completed by midnight last night).

Magnet
The challenge was to take a magnet from your fridge (like one of the pizza hut ones they send on the top of the boxes all the time) and make it your own!

Gina Cabrera - Book Bag Essentials

Card Sketch

Jen Wilson - Urban Bohemian

Photo Card – Entry
I took this pic at the Monday Tsiangis - or food markets), so I figured it would be one of those Just because cards that are blank on the inside :) Fun fast scrap!

Font - Edwardian Script; Paper & Crochet border - Shannon Lee Carlson at ShannonLeeDesigns.com

Photo Card – Extra
I didn't want to enter it officially - because I didn't want to gross anyone out! It kinda reminds me of the kind of cards Adam Sandler wrote on Mr. Deeds. This is another pic from the Monday food market.

Paper & Elements - Shannon Lee Carlson Celebrate Me Kit at ShannonLeeDesigns.com; Various fonts (sorry - couldn't keep track)

Altered Frame
Sweet Lord! Pat O'Brien is soooo hunky in his glasses and snowhat! I LOVE IT! Its a little blurry, but I adore this pic!

Frame - Lauren Bird; Flower - Jen Wilson; Ric Rac Wraps, pins, cardboard - Tiff Brady; Alpha - ACOT

Christmas Card


Wishing you A season of Joy! Papers & elements - JW Winters Grace; Corner & Cardboard - JW Potting Shed; Hat - made from a Michelle Underwood photo corner; Red Chipboard - ACOT Celebrate Life; Font - Edwardian Script

Goodie Bag Tag – I won a $5 gift certificate for this one!
(to be stapled over the top of a Ziploc baggie full of candy! You fold it in half, place it over the top, and staple it on! How cute of an idea is that! )

Paper, elements, word art - Heather Ann Goulish Delight; Acrylic Tag - Rhonna Farrer; Tied Ribbon - Melany Violette; Drop Shadows - Tracy Murphy

Here’s an example of what one looks like stapled on……it was the sample image for the crop.


So thats a total of 7 out of 14 fast scraps, and 9 out of 14 challenges. I didn't do them all because either they were for paper scrappers only or I just wasn't inspired to do them. A good many of them to do for just a weekend, wouldn't you say?

Leave me a comment and let me know which is your favorite!

Anyway – that’s about it for the day. ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS TIL I GET TO SEE PATO’BRIEN! WHOO HOOO!

No comments: