Thursday, March 30, 2006

Back in the saddle

I arrived home last night at around midnight, and I think I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow. Its tough getting in that late after a day of travel, and then to wake up early the next morning for work. I have to fight the urge to call in sick so I can just sleep all day. I managed to get out of bed, but I did allow myself the indulgence of sleeping in for an extra hour, so I was about 45 minutes late for work. No big deal, I will just make it up at lunch.

Charlotte was fun - the city itself was rather boring, but the meetings and sessions they had were interesting, and it was really great to hang out with my old co-workers again. Most of them were totally cool with Pat O'Brien and me dating, although I did freak out a bit at the beginning because I thought no one wanted to hang out with us. I got over that pretty quick.

I am trying my hardest to get right back in the saddle with no depressive relapses, and it seems to be OK so far. I am hoping that my medication (which I just started taking last week) will help me deal. Its tough though. Every time I leave the US to head back to Mexico I dread it. I think to myself "WHY am I leaving? WHY can't I STAY!?!?". I managed to not cry too much when I left Pat O'Brien at the gate (his flight was two hours after mine) but after my connection in Dallas I lost it for about 1/2 hour on the plane. Luckily no one was seated next to me, so I don't think anyone noticed. I was comforted after getting home and being surrounded by my things. We'll see how it goes.

I think Keith and I are going to head to Guanajuato this weekend for his rugby game. I am sure that I will just feel like sitting at home and doing nothing, but I probably should get out. I have to get my car serviced before then, though. Its like 3000 miles over due for an oil change, it needs an A/C charge, and an overall tune up. I need to take care of that today or tomorrow......

No comments: