Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Eunice's Visit

Unfortunately, I had to work while Eunice was visiting. I felt really crappy, but there wasn’t a whole lot I could do to rectify the situation. The Man always has the say on if and when you can take vacation. Pretty much sucks my ass. Anyway, I figured it would be OK because Keith could be a private tour guide. Well, Monday Keith didn’t feel well, so poor Eunice was stuck in the house all day – we met up for lunch, but they went right back home, and Eunice made us dinner. Spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs. Y-U-M-M-Y!

Tuesday I figured that they could go see the awesome botanic gardens as well as the market. Well, parking was nuts so they had all of two minutes to go through the gardens, and the stained glass wasn’t all that spectacular because it was kind of cloudy. Then we met up for a pretty yummy lunch, and they went to the market. This apparently was only ¼ of the normal size. So really, it was a disappointing day. We ended it well though, by going to the movies to see Casanova. I know, cheesy, but we went to the VIP cinema, which as a fancy lobby and real food. They also have leather recliners as seats, with little tables in between and waiters and such. Of course, we’re not the brightest so we got our own food (popcorn and nachos). So very comfortable! So, the movie was good, the seats were better, and it still cost about the same as a regular US flick. SWEET!

After the movie we watched Mexicans play hockey. There is an ice rink in the mall where the theatre is, so they had games / practices. It was a bit strange. I mostly wanted to hang out because I figured if there were any Canucks or Americans with kids, they might be playing. I don’t think there are a whole lot of rinks in the area……we thought maybe the coach wasn’t Mexican, but we never got the guts up to ask him. I guess we’ll never know.

Anyway, she got to see Mexico City, the butterflies, hang out with cute Mexican kids, and a see bit of Toluca - as well as relax and not have to worry about anything. Come to think about it, that doesn't sound like a half bad vacation after all!!!

No comments: