Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Spanish Classes! Huzzah!

So, I FINALLY began my Spanish lessons on Monday. Depite having a tough time catching my breath from my black lung disease that I have contracted (kidding), I managed to find the joint, make it up the stairs and meet the crew.

Let me start by saying that I am kind of being a pissy pants about this whole thing, because I really should have started a million years ago, and I wanted it to be in Metepec, much closer to my home at the Berlitz place. Blah blah blah Berlitz was too expensive - so here I am at the Universidad Autonuma de Estado de México, taking a course that is 1/15 the price (and 1/15 the quality? hmm.....). It felt like I had attended Harvard and then was transfered to Delta Community College. Berltiz was so nice, and this place is kind of, well, ghetto. I am sure that I will get a good lesson seeing as how its one on one tutoring, but I was just all pissy about it the whole time I was there. I'm not sure if it was because I was sick, because I wanted to take lessons at Berlitz, or because I just don't want to learn Spanish. But, I apologized to my tutor (José Luis) for being a grumpy butt.

I was also supposed to start having three lessons a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. But, when I got there, the registration chick had me down for Monday, Thursday and Friday. No way I am taking classes on a Friday. They've got to be nuts. The teacher also had a conflict for Thursday, at least until one of his study groups ends (in a couple weeks). So, we settled on Monday and Wednesday, with Wednesday's lessons starting a bit earlier because I have Boliche on those nights.

Well, yesterday, I completely forgot that I changed the time from 5 to 4:30, and I showed up at 5:05. Apparently the teachers will wait for a half hour, then they jet. I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to sit around either. But, I was pretty bummed because I was looking forward to having a good attitude at this lesson, and I just ended up being miffed.

Hopefully, next week will be better. I really just need to get my palm pilot up and running again so I can keep track of my every busying schedule!!!

No comments: