Tuesday, October 31, 2006

ÜBER happy HALLOWEENIE!

I really love Halloween. I miss being able to go all out, you know? But, I did put on my cool Halloween toe socks on today. I love toe socks. Some people think that they are bothersome because it’s weird to have something in between your toes. I think that it’s like a little hug for each one of my tootsies. I love my feet :)!


You can catch a glimpes in that pic of the other socks I was torn between wearing today. They are also Halloween toe socks, but multi colored with green bats with googly pompom eyes and candy corn. Each toe is a different color. It was a tough choice :)

I also wore a little “costume” to work today. It was a grey mouse mask with glittery pink ears, grey mittens and a little grey tail with a cute pink bow on it. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of it, so my mission was accomplished. I had to take it off though – it’s hard to type with mittens on!

Keith and I carved pumpkins on Sunday afternoon. It was kinda nice but weird. I’m used to the pumpkin guts and everything being freezing cold from being outside. We had our gourds outside on the porch, and they were all, well, warm and gushy. It was very strange. Something I would have never even thought of had we not lived here – I guess that would be normal for a pumpkin out in the warm sunshine.

Keith said he hadn’t carved a pumpkin in years :) My pumpkin is way cute – but I guess so is Keith’s. I’ll post pics later…..I think we’re the only people in our neighborhood with real carved pumpkins! There are a couple of houses with plastic or metal ones though. And there are also lots of homes decorated. Tonight our privada is having a trick-or-treat thing around 6 or so – I’m going to leave work early so I can give out candy. Then after will be a little party, but I’m not sure if I’m going to that yet. I don’t really want to blow my healthy eating streak and I will be all by my lonesome….we’ll see how brave I am when the time comes.

If I don’t go, I’m going to start packing tonight for my trip. I’ll be gone two whole weeks! YIKES! Nov 2 – 9 will be in Denver for the Fall ACI Convention, then Chicago for *HOPEFULLY* a couple interviews, then maybe to St. Louis to help Pat setup some concrete tests. I come home on the 14th. Hard to believe it has been a year already, isn’t it? Anyway, if I’m out of the country when my work visa expires I get a 30 day grace period to renew it…..our legal department in Mexico City said that’s the best way to go. So I happily obliged!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::ACI Chicas:::::::::::::::::::::::::
Here are a couple of photos that the ACI people took of us last Thursday at our meeting. I’ve never seen Orange and Black look so good! In the first pic, I’m in the middle, Veronica on my right with the black neck thingy on, and the intern, Angelica, is on my left – we bought matching shirts from Suburbia on accident! The second one features me and Angelica rockin' the registration table.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::: WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE:::::::::::::::::::::::::
I weighed in for the 1st weigh in 1 pound up from my starting weight, at 168. Dammit all anyway. But, I’ve adjusted a few things and I think it will make a big difference. Working out is going well – I had about 5 hours last week, and hope to exceed that this week also. It will be a challenge while I’m traveling, but I have a new, improved mentality so I will rise up and be victorious!!!

I probably won’t be blogging much while I’m away :o) See you on the 14th!!!

No comments: