Monday, October 16, 2006

Scrapitty Do Dah

I really haven't scrapped in a while, since I've been trying to organize most of my stuff with my new organizational software ACDSee.....I've also come across a plethora of awesome photos that are, like, four years old....such as these ones of Kyle & Austin. Too precious! Its given me some motivation to start scrapping again!

Here are a couple of my most recent gigs...

Austin

Credits - Kit by Shannon Carlson at ShannonLeeDesigns.com, tears by Steph Krush, Fonts - Rage, Batik Regular.

Viva Mexico
Template - Marcie Reckinger Got Layers 2 (modified for 8.5x11)l; Paper- Lauren Bird, Jen Wilson, Julie Howard; Alpha - Jen Wilson Seasonal Scraps Glass Fused Alpha; Font - Gigi

Journaling reads: 15 de septiembre - one night before the actual dia de independencia, but a night of fun and jubilation nonetheless. We had a few drinks in el Centro, then headed to Kate & Marco’s home to have a nice dinner & more libations. We had a few too many, and never did make it back to hear the grito....its a shame, the atmosphere in the zocalo was amazing! The flags, food, and of course, sombrero’s with VIVA MEXICO CABRONES written proudly on the rim - it was all so cool for the short time we were there! Moni, Sergio & Fiero were on hand to celebrate as well!

Also finally scanned some cool pics of my Grandma Mayer (or should I say, Gladys "Whitey" Williams), back in the day! Here she is with her Illinois State Championship Team - the Caterpillar Dieselettes! I got most of these from scrapbooks she put together - mostly newspaper clippings and such - but very cool just the same! Who knew it ran in the family! One of my goals was to come back to the US with all these scrapbooks and photos scanned and put on DVD's - so I got four months to get on my horse! I scanned these in Saturday night while I was crying pondering the importance of baseball in my life......Grandma is the top most chick in right field....... Thats about it for today - got another busy day tomorrow! Ciao!

No comments: