Tuesday, October 10, 2006

FRUSTRATIONS

Oh I am a crabby girl again today. Crabby I suppose is better than being depressed. I haven’t had that “I don’t want to get out of bed lets think of 20 excuses why I can stay home” feeling in a while. When I’m crabby I’m usually angry about one thing or another. Today, I’m pissed off because I can’t read or write or speak Spanish fluently. I’m especially pissed off because I know it’s my own damn fault. I speaking English to Pat O’Brien, to my brother, watch English TV – so it’s no big surprise I can’t fluently speak. I’ve made “mandates” to Keith and I that we can only watch Spanish TV when I’m home, but it’s just too easy to want to watch the shows you like. I have half a mind to cancel the Dish so we can really focus on just Spanish TV. I’m pretty sure Keith would shoot me though.

So, yes, I can communicate, and yes, its OK communication, but I wouldn’t say it’s fluent by any stretch of the imagination. I still say “huh?” and “please, slower” a lot. And it takes SOOOO much concentration to read my flippin email. I HATE having to concentrate that hard. I wish this language thing would just come to me already. I never thought in a million years it would be this frickin hard.

It just pisses me off.

*ugh* OK – here’s my attempt at trying to focus on the good things:

  • My ring is über sparkly today. I cleaned my jewelry this morning, so my earrings and necklace no longer look like they have morphed into dark grey sooty flowers, and now they are shiny. So I figured I would do the same for my ring (using different cleaner than my silver polish, of course). Its hella sparkly, and really pretty. That makes me happy.
  • I had some conversations yesterday with the US Human Resources person, and she had some promising potential positions for me to go back to Chicago to. That’s always good to know your future job might not suck. That makes me happy to.
  • Tigers play tonight. I’m hoping we’ll rock some Nate Robertson Gum Time and keep him rolling like the rest of the pitching staff is. I purchased some Big League Chew in Chicago specifically for this purpose. Instead of waiting for them to get behind and in need of a rally, however, I think I'll just put some in right at the beginning and keep 'em ahead. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it??
  • I’ve done some research on flights and stuff if the Tigs go all the way. I have lots of options that all cost approximately the same – regardless if I fly into Detroit or Chicago from Mexico or Toluca. It will take some planning, and probably take me a month or two to pay it off, but some things in life (as my Spanish teacher reminded me last night of our US genius credit card marketing) are priceless. This would be one of those times. If I can't score tix in the US, then I'll be keeping my eye peeled for offers here - strangely enough, apparently they usually have some tickets and travel packages available for the big sporting events in the US. Not sure how they do it, but I won't care as long as I can get tix for the big game......

    I hope everyone has a great day, and I hope I improve my mood soon. Despite what people might say, I really dislike being a grouch.

No comments: