Friday, October 20, 2006

OK - done being heartbroken

So I guess I use this blog more as a bitching grounds more than anything. I guess I don't feel like writing unless I need to vent.....So if I've depressed you by reading this - I apologize - I promise my life isn't all gloom and doom! I'm going to try to make it a point to at least pop in and say hi even if I don't have to bitch and complain. Deal? Deal.

OK, first - plans for this weekend - tomorrow Keith has to work, so I'll probably spend the first part of the day going to the gym and cleaning the house. Then, I really want to go do downtown Toluca because apparently they are having a Festival of Sugar Skulls (did I mention that before? I feel like I have......). Then I plan on coming back to the house for a rousing Game 1 of the World Series! GOOOO TIGERS! I think we're asking a few peeps to come over, but who knows - it will probably be some last minute thing.....Sunday will be a football day, and maybe I'll try to finish scrapping the Prom section of my high school scrapbook......and maybe get some holiday stuff done too.....I really want to make Christmas cards by the time I got to Denver in two weeks. That way I can address them during the Month of November and have Pat send them from Chicago after he visits late Nov/Early Dec. He's only got one more visit scheduled - how crazy is that?!??!

*note to self* I must stop at SuperRama on the way home from work to buy lettuce, tomatoes and some fruit. I went to Wal-Mart last night, but was running late to pick up Keith from work and completely forgot all things produce. DOH!

Here's a partial list I found on another scrappy blog.....I thought I would highlight those things I have done, and those things I never plan to do. Enjoy!

Here are things I have done
Climbed a mountain.Ridden in an airplane.Been inside the Great Pyramid (well, A great pyramid – they weren’t specific in this list).Taken a candlelit bath with someone. Said “I love you’ and meant it. Hugged a tree. Bungee jumped.Watched a lightning storm at sea. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise.Seen the Northern Lights.Grown and eaten your own vegetables. (Well, technically it was Keith who did it, but since I paid for everything I’m taking credit)Changed a baby’s diaper.Watched a meteor shower. Gotten drunk on champagne. Given more than you can afford to charity. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment. (Keith’s confirmation, I think)Had a food fight.Bet on a winning horse.Asked out a stranger.Had a snowball fight. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can. Seen a total eclipse.Ridden a roller coaster. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment. Taken care of someone who was drunk. (Many times, but one in particular a boyfriend I had barfed by trying to put his head outside the window of my car while I was driving us home……well, he made it like, half way. Ew.)Had amazing friends.Danced with a stranger in a foreign country.Stolen a sign.Taken a roadtrip.Midnight walk on the beach.Had a stranger ask you to dance.Visited JapanAlphabetized your CDs.Sung karaoke. Lounged around in bed all day. Gone scuba diving. Kissed in the rain. Kissed on a first date.Played in the mud. Played in the rain.Gone to a drive-in theater. Started a business. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken. (Living that right now baby!)Toured ancient sites.Gotten married.Been in a movie. Crashed a party.Gotten divorced.Made cookies from scratch.Won first prize in a costume contest.Gotten a tattoo.Rafted the Snake River. (Snake River Falls at Cedar Point counts, right??!)Got flowers for no reason. Performed on stage.Been to Las Vegas.Recorded music.Eaten alligator.Bought a house.Looked out onto the Atlantic Ocean.Looked out onto the Pacific Ocean.Spoken more than one language fluently. (OK, so maybe fluently is stretching it, but I’m almost there!!!!!)Picked up and moved to another city to just start over. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking. Had plastic surgery.Thanked God that He got you home safely.Wrote articles for a large publication. (Does a blog with 22 visitors a day count as a large publication? If not, I’ve got lots of other websites, oh – and the Carrollton High School newspaper and yearbook J )Petted a stingray. Broken someone’s heart. Broken a bone.Bailed a friend out of jail. (This would be Keith related as well……what better friend than your brother)Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol.Ridden a horse.Had major surgery.Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours.Ridden a mechanical bull.Had a specific prayer answered.Eaten sushi. (One word – ew.)Had your picture in the newspaper. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about. Gone back to school.Parasailed.Eaten fried green tomatoes.Skipped all your school reunions. (There’s only been one, and I wasn’t there, so I would assume YES!)Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language. (That was like the first month of my life here!!!)Had a true spiritual experience.Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream. (Estoy viviendo mi sueño ahorita!!!)Changed a tire.Skinny dipped.Dyed your hair.Been a DJ. (iPod. I’m my own DJ everyday.)Traveled to a tropical island.Caused a car accident. (Actually, I rear ended someone today……)Faced a fear. (Yup – that’s why I’m here!!!)

Here are some things I haven’t gotten around to yet
Swam with wild dolphins,Taken a Ferrari for a test drive,Held a tarantula.Visited ParisGone to a huge sports game (and survived the crush afterwards). Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa Touched an iceberg.Slept under the stars. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon. (does just going up and then down in one count?)Held a lamb.Hit a home run. Had two hard drives for your computer.Visited all 50 states. Watched wild whales.Gone rock climbing. Gone sky diving.Visited Ireland.Milked a cow.Pretended to be a superhero. Visited the Great Wall of China. Taken a martial arts class.Ridden a gondola in Venice.Been on television news programs as an “expert”.Buried one/both of your parents.Been on a cruise ship.Raised children. (Doing it now...)Walked the Golden Gate Bridge.Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived.Held someone while they were having a flashback.Piloted an airplane.Helped an animal give birth.Won money on a T.V. game show.Gone on an African photo safari.Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild.Visited more foreign countries than U.S.states.Visited all 7 continents.Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days. Eaten kangaroo meat. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Been elected to public office.Had to put someone you love into hospice care.Saved someone’s life

And things I don’t think I’ll be trying to achieve – ever!
Bought everyone in the bar a drink.Adopted an accent for an entire day. (Who Actually does that??)Backpacked in Europe.Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love.In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them.Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight.Gone without food for 5 days. Won first prize in a limbo contest.Had a one night stand.Been in a combat zone. Performed in Rocky Horror. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour.Lost over 100 poundsHad a snake as a pet.Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey. Written your own computer language.Built your own PC from parts. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you. Shaved your head. (Does shaving someone elses head count?)
Whew. Have fun reading through that! I guess the point is my "Done" list is much greater than either of the other two. Nothing to complain about there, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

psssssssst, Karin!
Sounds like you need the daily Moos!

Jane & I have reconvened them at www.oscraps.com

Come over if you want to. We've missed you girl!
Connie (bensenc)

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something????

re: Raised children. (Doing it now...)

mom

Karin said...

hehehe - oops Mom / sorry bout that! That was the previous person's answer / I forgot to erase it! HA!