Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ohhhh – Nice and toasty warm!!!!

I finally am wearing the serape type thing I bought at La Quimera a few moons ago. Its relatively lightweight fabric, but its wool and it is soooooo toasty warm! It’s like wearing a blanket around me wherever I go! I officially *heart* it, and I shall keep it with me for the rest of my days. It will be perfect for those crisp fall days when you have to go to a high school football game, but it’s a little too warm to bust out the winter goods. I had to make sure to wear long sleeve shirt today though, because I didn’t want to have über itchy arms. Yeah, that’s right. I said über.

My alarm was apparently playing a good song when I woke up this morning, because I was dancing when I woke up. No, I didn’t start dancing in my bed after I woke up – I actually came to consciousness and realized I was dancing. Shaking my shoulders and hips and stuff – I don’t even know the name of the song, but I know I really like it a lot. You know, it’s hard to be in a bad mood when you wake up like that, because you can’t help but laugh at yourself, and laughing smiling first thing in the morning is pretty much an instant mood picker upper.

Ooohhh - a coworker just came in and gave me some yummy treats for my throat (I’ve been having slight allergy/throat/drainage issues over the past few days). It’s like an Über Halls Lozenge, but disguised as a honey lollipop. That’s right, über and lollipop in the same sentence. I’m on a roll. Anyway, it tastes pretty good, and its all natural, and it’s got some kind of menthol yumminess in it so I can actually breathe right now. Awesome! No, ÜBER awesome.

Hmmmm….I wonder if one can overuse an umlaut? Those are the dots above the Ü in ÜBER incase you were wondering.

I was supposed to stay the night at the plant in Apaxco tonight so I could do some super cool chemical testing stuffs tomorrow morning…..but I really would rather stay here tonight and go early tomorrow morning. I have good reasons…..

  • I have this phobia about staying in strange places by myself (I’m sure I’ve told you all before)
  • I have no idea if they even have TV’s that would get the Tiger’s game tonight, and I’m not about to miss one
  • I have a test to run here today that won’t be done until 5
  • I really should go shopping tonight for an outfit for a big meeting I have on Thursday.

Then again, I really should go just to experience staying in a cement village. They had them in the US back in the day – it’s a town just for cement workers and their families, which is a really good concept seeing as how cement plants are often in the middle of no wheres. Although I don't know how I would feel about living and working with the same people every single day. It would just be too twighlight zoney.

I need to make up my mind soon – because if I’m going today I need to leave at like 3:00PM……

No comments: