Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunday Market

One of the things we did on Sunday was head out to the Juarez Market. Friday is its biggest day, but there were still plenty of vendors there and much less people. At least I thought so. Pat O'Brien isn't a big fan of markets because he's a lot bigger and much taller than most mexican folk - and he doesn't like people running into him or banging his head on low hanging objects. Which is understandable. Totally explains why he was so crabby after we got home.

We made some good purchases - Keith bought a cool cowboy hat, we picked up a couple mexican blankets, and I got 3 dozen long stem pretty pretty roses for about $7. And, I took some cool pics of the food area - which always entrigues me. I really like the colors and smells of the spices and such. Also, I've always considered myself a typical American, and I really don't like to see the whole or parts of the animal before its cooked - it grosses me out. But here, its not a big deal. I'm not sure why that is...maybe because they are not wasteful like we are and use the entire animal for food? I dunno. Anyway, take a look at some of the photos below....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: